The last day of term, Friday 19th July, brings with it our annual Picnic in the Playground.
On arrival at 11.00am please come to the Main Reception, where you will then be directed to collect your child from their classroom. Parents will need to bring their own picnics, rugs, chairs etc. Children don’t need to be in school uniform, but appropriate footwear is essential.
Lots of activities will be going on at the event:
- Lorenzo, an amazing magician will be carrying out his professional magic show for all ages in the Main Hall at 11.30am and 12pm.
- Face Painting & Glitter Tattoos (please make us aware of any allergies)
In addition to our free activities this year there will be some paid events including:
- Bouncy Castle and Mega Slide
- Football Zorbing, Go-Karts and Bouncy Hoppers
- Book Swap Shop— If you have any unwanted good quality books that you would like to donate to school, we will use them on the Book Swap Shop for children to purchase with their vouchers. (Please bring these in to your class teachers before Friday.)
In order to keep costs as low as possible school will be subsidising part of the costs in order to make it accessible to everybody. All rides will be £1.00 a go and in addition children will be able to convert their Pupil Reward Points into vouchers which can then be used for rides or in the reward shop. Additional vouchers will be available to purchase from the school office at a cost of £1.00 per voucher from Wednesday 17th July or on the day of the event. All the children will be issued an envelope on the morning with the amount of vouchers relating to how many Reward Points they currently have in their account.
Class teachers will let children know how many Reward Points they have on Monday 15th July. Parents do not need to do anything.
The ice-cream van has been booked and will be selling items throughout the event. They will only be accepting cash payments and it is the only stall that will not be accepting vouchers.
Please try to support this event in whatever way you can, it seems to get bigger and better every year.
If you are not attending the event you will need to provide your child with a packed lunch or alternatively a packed lunch option will be available to order on the day for £2.20, free for any pupils entitled to Free School Meals/Universal Free School Meals.